To find cheap and appropriate car insurance in a student life is really a hard job. In fact for anyone under 25 years of age auto insurance can really prove expensive. Here are some tips to find low-cost car insurance for students.
• You must ask your insurance company about the various kinds of discount available. If you’re looking for student car insurance discounts, the most important one is the grade discount. This discount is given to those students who get 3.0 GPA or maintain an ‘A’ grade. In both cases, they can really save you a handsome amount of money.
• Moreover a resident student discount is another amazing discount offer of car insurance for students. Different companies offer it in different ways but they mostly put two conditions. Firstly the driver must be under the age of 21, secondly he must be living within 100 miles of the school premises. This is generally one of the most attractive discounts, because most of the people stay in the state for the duration of their schooling. The best thing is that almost all the insurance companies offer something like this when it comes to the issue of student discounts.
• It’s a fact that good drivers have to bear less insurance costs. Try to avoid accidents and ultimately you’ll be considered as a low risk driver and will have to pay less.
• Try your best to avail low mileage and car pooling discounts by using public transport or any other means to travel whenever possible. Most insurance companies offer low rates to the drivers who have less commute and if you’re a student who lives near campus, you can easily get it.
• If your parents keep you on their car insurance, this may save you a handsome amount of money. However, this may vary according to situation. Sometimes it becomes cheaper to get your own insurance.
• In order to charge different rates insurance companies check credit ratings and will charge less for people with high credit scores. Generally students don’t have high scores because they’re not old enough to have long credit histories. So, if you’re a student, it’s very essential to pay your credit card bills and make other payments on time.
• The price of auto insurance policies varies depending on the make, price, repairing costs, model and manufacturing year of your car. It is obvious that a sports car will cost a lot more to be insured than an old wagon. Make sure to get insurance quotes before purchasing a vehicle.